I love recipes that use simple, clean ingredients. These may be my new favorite treat to make every once in a while. Gluten free, dairy free, vegan deliciousness....I'll need to work on my willpower.
1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut
2/3 cup almond flour or almond meal
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup (I'm sure you could use honey)
3 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons unsweetened or raw cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
2. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
3. Add all of the ingredients to a food processor - pulse until well blended and the mixture starts to clump.
4. Use a cookie scoop and place cookies on a cookie sheet.
5. Bake in oven for 10 minutes. Turn off oven and leave inside oven for 15 more minutes.
6. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
7. Try not to eat all at one time :-)